Kiltimagh 'Emigrant Park'
Pursuant to the requirements of Section 179 of the Planning and Development Acts, 2000-2020 and Part 8 of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001-2020, notice is hereby given that Mayo County Council in conjunction with Kiltimagh Amenity Park Committee proposes to carry out a development, particulars of which are set out in the Schedule hereunder.
Nature and Extent of Development
Kiltimagh, Co. Mayo
The development of a new ‘emigrant park’ on vacant lands to the rear of Main Street, James Street, and Thomas Street. The park will include
1) Community gardens, an enclosed community area & communal outdoor classroom with seating;
2) Wildlife pond with boardwalk & viewing platform;
3) MUGA facility & ‘pumptrack’ bike park;
4) Five new pedestrian access points at various locations around the park perimeter;
5) Hard and soft landscaping works, surface paving, planting, boundary treatments, wildlife-friendly lighting, bicycle parking, and all other associated site development works and services.
Plans and particulars of the proposed development, will be available for inspection or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy at the following offices of Mayo County Council:
- Swinford Area Office, Station Road, Swinford, Co. Mayo F12 V126
- Claremorris Area Office, Kilcolman Road, Claremorris, Co. Mayo F12 P383
Planning Office, Áras an Chontae, The Mall, Castlebar F23 WF90
Between the hours of 9.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm each day during which said Offices are open from the transaction of business, for a period ending at 5.00pm on 26th May 2021.
Plans and particulars of the above proposed development are also available for viewing on this portal
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development would be situated, may be made:
On this Portal ( Click on Make a Submission above)
in writing to the Senior Planner, Planning Section, Aras an Chontae, The Mall, Castlebar, Co. Mayo not later than 11th June 2021.
Mayo County Council, as the competent authority, has carried out an Appropriate Assessment (AA) Screening Report and has determined that a Stage 2 Appropriate Assessment is not required in respect of this proposed development.
Mayo County Council has carried out an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Screening Report and has determined that there is no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment arising from the proposed development and has determined that an EIAR is not required.