Pre-Draft Issues Paper - Ballina Town & Environs Plan 2021-2027
We welcome your submission
Mayo County Council is preparing a Local Area Plan for the Ballina Town & Environs area that will set out the framework to guide future development in the town an environs up to 2027 and beyond.
The Pre Draft Issues Paper consultation phase has commenced and will run for an 6-week period from the 31st March 2021 to 12th May 2021. Join the conversation and have your say in shaping the future development of Ballina.
What is a Local Area Plan?
A Local Area Plan (LAP) is a statutory land-use plan for any urban area in need of economic, physical and social renewal or likely to be subject to large scale redevelopment. The plan is subordinate to, and must be consistent with the Development Plan.
How will my ideas and views inform the Plan?
Your views will help to shape the direction that the Local Area Plan will take. Your submissions will be reviewed and summarised, and recommendations will be made in response to them. This will be presented to the Councillors in the form of a Chief Executive’s report. Your views will be published here on our planning portal. The Chief Executive’s report will also be made available on the Council's website.
The Issues Paper
This Issues Paper is available to view from Wednesday 31st March 2021 to Wednesday 12th May 2021 (inclusive):
- On this page (below and in the materials section)
- Planning Office, Mayo County Council, Áras an Chontae, Castlebar during opening times of 9.00am–4.00pm, Monday to Friday (closed Bank Holiday Mondays) unless otherwise affected by national public health advice whereby updates in relation to same shall be set out on the Council’s website. Where access can be facilitated at Áras an Chontae and in accordance with public health advice, appointments must be booked in advance by ringing the planning office on 094 9064900, face coverings must be worn in public buildings. Where face coverings are not worn, service may not be possible.
- At the time of writing, Mayo County Council Libraries are not open to the public due to Covid 19 public health restrictions. Should you have any enquiries or require a copy of the Issues Paper to be posted to you, please email email@example.com
Children and Young People
Children, or groups or associations representing the interests of children, are particularly encouraged and are entitled to make submissions or observations regarding the foregoing.
Make a Submission
You can make a submission in two ways;
- On this page at 'Make A Submission'
- In writing to Forward Planning Department, Mayo County Council, Áras Can Chontae, The Mall, Castlebar, Co. Mayo, F23 WF90
Written observations or submissions should be marked ‘Ballina Town & Environs Issues Paper 2021-2027’, and submitted to the Forward Planning, Mayo County Council, Aras an Chontae, The Mall, Castlebar, Co. Mayo, F23 WF90. Observations or submissions must include the full name and address of the person(s) making the submission and where relevant, the body or organisation represented.
Please make your submission by one medium only. As an online facility has been provided for your convenience, e-mail and faxed submissions will not be accepted.
The final date for receipt of submissions is 4pm on Wednesday the 12th May 2021. Late submissions will not be accepted.